Deprecated: Array and string offset access syntax with curly braces is deprecated in /home/fourbarr/public_html/newlbvr/forum/Sources/Subs.php on line 3810

Notice: Trying to access array offset on value of type null in /home/fourbarr/public_html/newlbvr/forum/Sources/Load.php on line 168

Deprecated: Function create_function() is deprecated in /home/fourbarr/public_html/newlbvr/forum/Sources/Load.php on line 178

Deprecated: Function create_function() is deprecated in /home/fourbarr/public_html/newlbvr/forum/Sources/Load.php on line 183

Deprecated: Function create_function() is deprecated in /home/fourbarr/public_html/newlbvr/forum/Sources/Load.php on line 184

Deprecated: Function create_function() is deprecated in /home/fourbarr/public_html/newlbvr/forum/Sources/Load.php on line 220

Deprecated: Function create_function() is deprecated in /home/fourbarr/public_html/newlbvr/forum/Sources/Load.php on line 223

Deprecated: Function create_function() is deprecated in /home/fourbarr/public_html/newlbvr/forum/Sources/Load.php on line 235

Deprecated: Function create_function() is deprecated in /home/fourbarr/public_html/newlbvr/forum/Sources/Load.php on line 250

Deprecated: Function create_function() is deprecated in /home/fourbarr/public_html/newlbvr/forum/Sources/Load.php on line 268
YUKON KING?

Author Topic: YUKON KING?  (Read 2911 times)

Autolube

• Peshtigo River Trail
    • View Profile
YUKON KING?
« on: November 06, 2013, 07:05:08 PM »
This is what I've been working on in my garage for the last several weeks. It is a 69 Yukon King Kodiak (wide track) I got this from Repoman several years ago, never did much with it because there just wasn't anything that was good to salvage from this.  :dunno: A few weeks ago Repoman again clued me into a 72 Yamaha  SW433 (wide track) that was for sale in Kingsford. I looked at it and bought it .... low buck. >:D

Got to thinking and decided to take on a vintage sled project unlike any other I have done before....... The entire drive train from engine to track is Yamaha.  :P  So I guess you could call it a Yama-King!!! :dancinbanana:

This was a fun project because it required some low buck fabrication and as you can see from the photos I preserved the Yukon King to its natural "PATINA" (new buzz word that sounds good for when you're to lazy to sand, paint, and polish) :hammerhead:   

w-jetter

• View Profile
Re: YUKON KING?
« Reply #1 on: November 07, 2013, 01:17:07 PM »
well looks like you are ready for the 100 mile ride!  :thumb:
sno jet fan

Autolube

• Peshtigo River Trail
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 08, 2013, 02:53:44 PM »
well looks like you are ready for the 100 mile ride!  :thumb:

Oh my  ??? ...... This sled may be a little to sick for the "SICK DAY 100" run :-\ :-[

rofl    :hammerhead:

Repoman

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 21, 2013, 04:02:06 PM »
Autolube,

The sled looks pretty sweet.  I'm glad it found a good home and a decent donor.  I look forward to checking it out at the show.  Question:  Is it a 1967 restored sled?  A 2014 Frankenstien?  maybe you will need a new class for "Custom Vintage"?  or maybe "Vintage Engineering"?   Also, I have a photo of it with the original wind screen from when it won First Place, '67-'71 Original /Unrestored bling at the old Ranger City Riders show in 2001.

Congratulations and nice job   :thumb:

Repoman

Premix

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 22, 2013, 12:21:57 PM »
I think "vintage engineering" would be a good one. Who knows what might show up!  >:D