Author Topic: Sno Twister project.......  (Read 3617 times)

Recoil

• View Profile
Sno Twister project.......
« on: December 31, 2011, 06:27:13 PM »
Spraygas busy at getting the twister out of the garage and out on the lake for a few power runs!!!
~Recoil

Autolube

• Peshtigo River Trail
    • View Profile
Re: Sno Twister project.......
« Reply #1 on: December 31, 2011, 07:07:43 PM »
Oh yeah......a little more horsepower than the ol' Scorpion. Hang on tight when you launch that thing acrossed the lake, Spraygas.

When you think you got her dialed in we'll get the Twister and GPX together at the OLD IRON RIDE and see how they get along!  :catfight:

Spraygas

• "...it'll start get the spraygas!"
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 31, 2011, 09:21:40 PM »
Aww yes autolube we will have to see how the ole sleds get along, not sure yet if I'll have her done you know how little problems always pop up after all it was sitting for 34 years, I found a wounderful part supplier up in Eagle river he bought out Merc parts supplier when they went out of bissness what a wounderful place he has to visit he has many collectable sleds in his shop, so anyway I'll keep plugging away at the sled see if we can get those 65 ponies dailed in..
Spraygas

Autolube

• Peshtigo River Trail
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 31, 2011, 11:17:12 PM »
I assume you are talking about Bob at Image Enterprises. Be careful he can be helpful, however he is NOT Low Buck.

He got a $hit load of my money years ago when I restored a Trail Twister. I was a newbie at this hobby, I didn't know any better and he knew it.

With that said, he definetly has the Twister stuff and he does have alot of kool toys in his shop!

Spraygas

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 02, 2012, 05:25:43 PM »
Yes Bob is the Man that gave us the tour, Thanks for the info I thought he was pretty reasonable on his prices, sometimes he has you by the you know what cause their arent many options, its just a matter of what your willing to pay, So as for my Twister its not hitting the lake this year so sad compression on one cylinder is low, so I might as well pull the engine appart and look it over I'm sure 34 years of sitting has un-shaped the rings, she runs but seems to be un-balanced, so we''ll have to line em up next year, I'm sure you can wait another year to get a good look at the tailight, Lol..
Spraygas

Autolube

• Peshtigo River Trail
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 23, 2012, 07:29:21 PM »
Yep.....Next year......Thats how much time I am gonna need for the GPX as well. There just aint nothin left of this old cleated track. :'(
Every time I look there are more loose cleats. I just can't ignore it anymore. I think this summer I will do a rubber track conversion.

Next year.....On the Lake in front of Johnnie's...The Twister headlight...will be chasing my Tail light  :taunt: :rocker:

Spraygas

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 13, 2013, 07:37:00 PM »
I thought I would put some updated photo's on here of the Snotwister project, its coming along slowly.

What they looked like when we brought them home.

Tearing down

Blasting Frame

Old Iron gets new paint

Assembly process

This is far as I got so far, more to come.
Spraygas

w-jetter

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 14, 2013, 08:07:53 AM »
                           LOOKING GOOD!      :beer:
sno jet fan

Autolube

• Peshtigo River Trail
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 22, 2013, 08:13:29 AM »
I am glad you posted the progress of the Twister.  :popcorn: Looks good and helps give me incentive to start on my vintage projects.....of which I have many. :banghead: