Deprecated: Array and string offset access syntax with curly braces is deprecated in /home/fourbarr/public_html/newlbvr/forum/Sources/Subs.php on line 3810

Notice: Trying to access array offset on value of type null in /home/fourbarr/public_html/newlbvr/forum/Sources/Load.php on line 168

Deprecated: Function create_function() is deprecated in /home/fourbarr/public_html/newlbvr/forum/Sources/Load.php on line 178

Deprecated: Function create_function() is deprecated in /home/fourbarr/public_html/newlbvr/forum/Sources/Load.php on line 183

Deprecated: Function create_function() is deprecated in /home/fourbarr/public_html/newlbvr/forum/Sources/Load.php on line 184

Deprecated: Function create_function() is deprecated in /home/fourbarr/public_html/newlbvr/forum/Sources/Load.php on line 220

Deprecated: Function create_function() is deprecated in /home/fourbarr/public_html/newlbvr/forum/Sources/Load.php on line 223

Deprecated: Function create_function() is deprecated in /home/fourbarr/public_html/newlbvr/forum/Sources/Load.php on line 235

Deprecated: Function create_function() is deprecated in /home/fourbarr/public_html/newlbvr/forum/Sources/Load.php on line 250

Deprecated: Function create_function() is deprecated in /home/fourbarr/public_html/newlbvr/forum/Sources/Load.php on line 268
SRX gets a make over

Author Topic: SRX gets a make over  (Read 3926 times)

Autolube

• Peshtigo River Trail
    • View Profile
SRX gets a make over
« on: August 13, 2013, 09:00:08 AM »
Towards the end of last season (after several years of faithful service) the SRX motor went from running poorly to not at all.  ???  Upon looking into it this spring turns out the upper end was fine, just a clean up and new rings on the pistons. ;) However the crank end was a different story. All new crank bearing were needed. So very extensive and expensive work was performed on her motor this summer, which I am still trying to pay for. :-X

Its done... and I am doing a thorough clean up of the entire sled to match the fresh motor. For what (I hope) will be another several years of trouble free reliability. This is by for my favorite sled. I have had tons of fun riding it and it WILL get whatever she needs! :thumb: 

Autolube

• Peshtigo River Trail
    • View Profile
Re: SRX gets a make over
« Reply #1 on: August 13, 2013, 09:09:07 AM »
Pictures came out awfully small, let me try again. :dunno:

That's better.... you should be able to click on the photo to make it even larger!
« Last Edit: August 13, 2013, 09:12:29 AM by Autolube »

Autolube

• Peshtigo River Trail
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 27, 2013, 10:32:23 PM »
I have the belly pan back on the SRX and many other parts. Getting to the point to where all I have left is installing the Track-Suspension and Engine.

After a close inspection of the skid frame, I determined the good news is nothing is froze up from rust (well lubed) all the bearings and idler wheels are still good. The bad news is it just looks rough from salt and corrosion, and so I obviously need to totally disassemble it, clean it up, blast and repaint the metal parts.
« Last Edit: August 27, 2013, 10:34:03 PM by Autolube »

Autolube

• Peshtigo River Trail
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 07, 2013, 10:06:33 PM »
Motor is done and ready to be put back in the SRX! :thumb:

YamaBob

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 08, 2013, 08:05:25 AM »
Wow, looks great.  I need to get started on mine.  Your pictures are a good motivator.

YamaBob

Autolube

• Peshtigo River Trail
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 08, 2013, 11:53:26 PM »
Had a good day in the Garage today. About all I have left to do is the Suspension and of coarse the put the hood and seat back on.

Autolube

• Peshtigo River Trail
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 06, 2013, 06:58:48 PM »
I finally got my suspension all back together yesterday!

And this morning I got it back in and put the hood and seat back. 

DONE and Ready to RIDE! I can't wait..... the weather channel says their is 48 inches of snow in Deadwood SD "Whoa"  :o