Deprecated: Array and string offset access syntax with curly braces is deprecated in /home/fourbarr/public_html/newlbvr/forum/Sources/Subs.php on line 3810

Notice: Trying to access array offset on value of type null in /home/fourbarr/public_html/newlbvr/forum/Sources/Load.php on line 168

Deprecated: Function create_function() is deprecated in /home/fourbarr/public_html/newlbvr/forum/Sources/Load.php on line 178

Deprecated: Function create_function() is deprecated in /home/fourbarr/public_html/newlbvr/forum/Sources/Load.php on line 183

Deprecated: Function create_function() is deprecated in /home/fourbarr/public_html/newlbvr/forum/Sources/Load.php on line 184

Deprecated: Function create_function() is deprecated in /home/fourbarr/public_html/newlbvr/forum/Sources/Load.php on line 220

Deprecated: Function create_function() is deprecated in /home/fourbarr/public_html/newlbvr/forum/Sources/Load.php on line 223

Deprecated: Function create_function() is deprecated in /home/fourbarr/public_html/newlbvr/forum/Sources/Load.php on line 235

Deprecated: Function create_function() is deprecated in /home/fourbarr/public_html/newlbvr/forum/Sources/Load.php on line 250

Deprecated: Function create_function() is deprecated in /home/fourbarr/public_html/newlbvr/forum/Sources/Load.php on line 268
Coming Web Site Changes

Author Topic: Coming Web Site Changes  (Read 8545 times)

Webmaster M

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Mullarky Business Systems
Coming Web Site Changes
« on: December 07, 2011, 10:11:05 PM »
Soon, the NEWLBVR web site will undergo major changes. The site will be revamped, allowing certain people to log in and update the site.

When will all this happen? Not sure yet, but probably in a week or two. I need to do a little research first and make sure I can make the site work like I want.

I will make an effort to keep the forum running during this time. You can get to the forum directly by going to http://www.newlowbuckvintageriders.com/forum

There's a possibility that the forum will get wrecked in the process though. If that happens, I'll have backups of it and I'll get it up and running as soon as possible.

Autolube

• Peshtigo River Trail
    • View Profile
Re: Coming Web Site Changes
« Reply #1 on: December 12, 2011, 06:54:52 PM »
HEY......We must be "UNDER CONSTRUCTION" :clapping:

Good Luck with it Mark!

Can hardly wait. :dancinbanana: :dancinbanana: :dancinbanana: :dancinbanana: :dancinbanana:

Webmaster M

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 13, 2011, 04:09:22 PM »
Yes, it's underway. At least the forum didn't get trashed in the process!

Webmaster M

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 14, 2011, 01:03:54 AM »
Oh wow! Wait until you see the site once I load a "theme" and cutomize it. VERY cool!   :thumb:

Autolube

• Peshtigo River Trail
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 14, 2011, 06:43:42 AM »
This Sounds great! :thumb:

I have gotten a couple of emails asking whats up with the site. I told them the forum is still there and the sight is being revamped.

Take the time you need to get it hammered out and we'll try to be patient. :popcorn:

Recoil

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 14, 2011, 03:46:54 PM »
Yep  :popcorn: :popcorn: :popcorn: I made an extra batch of popcorn....Cant wait to see the new SITE!!! Good~Luck Mark!! :cheer:
~Recoil

Webmaster M

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 15, 2011, 05:02:08 PM »
Just added a calendar app. VERY cool. I can let certain people log in and add or modify events.  :dancinbanana:

Autolube

• Peshtigo River Trail
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 15, 2011, 09:13:13 PM »
Sounds very KOOL   :iagree:

Take all the time you need-but please hurry! :hammerhead:

Autolube

• Peshtigo River Trail
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: December 20, 2011, 06:46:30 AM »
Hey Mark

Howz the website construction coming? Hasn't looked much different for a few days now. :dunno:
Hope its not giving you to many problems.

No SNOW + No WEBSITE =   :banghead:

Webmaster M

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: December 20, 2011, 11:31:59 PM »
Most of the content is already there. It needs some sprucing up though.

BUT --- I'm moving the whole site to a new web hosting company. Godaddy's system was WAY too slow. I should have the move done tonight, if everything goes right.  ::)

Webmaster M

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: December 21, 2011, 04:14:37 PM »
WOW!!! Not fun! I had major issues trying to move the site, and there's very little help on the Internet. Still working on it - the attachments don't show up right, and the default "theme" doesn't work. Ah well, I need some more stuff to do this week.  :banghead:

Test:
« Last Edit: December 21, 2011, 04:21:36 PM by Mark »

Autolube

• Peshtigo River Trail
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: December 21, 2011, 05:45:07 PM »
Sorry its not going the way it should. Please keep in mind how much we appreciate you putting this website together for us.

Newsletters and a good interactive website I believe is vital to a snowmobile club such as ours, and from what I saw of the one your preparing for us looks like it will do nicely.

:thankyou: Jeff

Webmaster M

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: December 22, 2011, 02:46:15 AM »
Oh yeah! Attachments are working!  :rocker:

Found a forum about forums - go figure. Turns out that when you download and upload attachments, you have to SPECIFY binary format, otherwise it does the files in ASCII. I'll bet you were all wondering about that! Ok, probably not.

Now, back to the web site stuff. I don't know about anyone else, but for me the site loads quicker now.

Autolube

• Peshtigo River Trail
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: December 22, 2011, 06:56:18 AM »
Oh yeah! Attachments are working!  :rocker:

Found a forum about forums - go figure. Turns out that when you download and upload attachments, you have to SPECIFY binary format, otherwise it does the files in ASCII. I'll bet you were all wondering about that! Ok, probably not.

Now, back to the web site stuff. I don't know about anyone else, but for me the site loads quicker now.

Well ya..... Of course you have to specify the binary format when you upload and download attachments, I thought everybody knew that!?  :catfight: :hammerhead:

Seriously, the site loads much quicker now thank you.  :thumb:

My username and password do not seem to work no more though? ???

Webmaster M

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: December 28, 2011, 07:00:18 PM »
Found a nifty little weather add-in for the home page.  :thumb:

Stablehost notified me that there will be some downwtime tonight while they upgrade the server. Downtime is never good, but I'm tickled that they actually upgrade stuff to improve performance. That's new!