Deprecated: Array and string offset access syntax with curly braces is deprecated in /home/fourbarr/public_html/newlbvr/forum/Sources/Subs.php on line 3810

Notice: Trying to access array offset on value of type null in /home/fourbarr/public_html/newlbvr/forum/Sources/Load.php on line 168

Deprecated: Function create_function() is deprecated in /home/fourbarr/public_html/newlbvr/forum/Sources/Load.php on line 178

Deprecated: Function create_function() is deprecated in /home/fourbarr/public_html/newlbvr/forum/Sources/Load.php on line 183

Deprecated: Function create_function() is deprecated in /home/fourbarr/public_html/newlbvr/forum/Sources/Load.php on line 184

Deprecated: Function create_function() is deprecated in /home/fourbarr/public_html/newlbvr/forum/Sources/Load.php on line 220

Deprecated: Function create_function() is deprecated in /home/fourbarr/public_html/newlbvr/forum/Sources/Load.php on line 223

Deprecated: Function create_function() is deprecated in /home/fourbarr/public_html/newlbvr/forum/Sources/Load.php on line 235

Deprecated: Function create_function() is deprecated in /home/fourbarr/public_html/newlbvr/forum/Sources/Load.php on line 250

Deprecated: Function create_function() is deprecated in /home/fourbarr/public_html/newlbvr/forum/Sources/Load.php on line 268
Club Event made front page news......

Author Topic: Club Event made front page news......  (Read 1622 times)

Recoil

• View Profile
Club Event made front page news......
« on: January 26, 2011, 10:59:01 PM »
   Hank Murphy from "The Forest Republican" paper, made us "FRONT PAGE" and page 4!! :rocker:....He did a great write up about our NEW Low Buck Vintage Ride Club Event on the "OLD IRON" Ride!  :clapping: He made mention to all of our event winners, and interviewed Spraygas and I about the old sleds, what it takes to keep them going, and trail conditions. He says it was an "outing for old-timers, and we're not talking people"!
I will bring this paper to our next ride if anyone would like to read it! We will be bigger and better next year!! :thumb:
~Recoil

Autolube

• Peshtigo River Trail
    • View Profile
Re: Club Event made front page news......
« Reply #1 on: February 02, 2011, 09:43:40 PM »
Thought I would take a shot at posting the newspaper article Recoil gave me, for you all to read. I hope it is readable.

I thought it was a very well written article.  :clapping:

Recoil

• View Profile
Re: Club Event made front page news......
« Reply #2 on: February 04, 2011, 08:34:49 AM »
Thanks Autolube for all the great thoughts!!! :thankyou: And we (Spraygas and I) also thank our fellow Low Buck friends that were able to make it to this new event, and help the attendance numbers hit 27  :rocker:....I was happy when 5 sleds showed up!!!    :thumb:  Next year our goal is 50 sled turnout, so mark your calander now, and I promise it will be the new event to attend yearly!!  If anyone didn't know by now, Spraygas and I really take our vintage sled riding seriously, we dont care that there not restored and shiny, or if we pull a recoil every now and then, or even how many spark plugs we have to buy for the season, We just enjoy riding with our "own kind" and meeting  "vintage people." Winters will drive one crazy.. :banghead:.. this is the best way we know how to stay sain, other then the "addiction to old sleds" issue,  :dunno: it could be worse I could have a shoe shopping problem!! :hammerhead: 
      See you all on the trails soon!! Ride safe everyone!
~Recoil