Deprecated: Array and string offset access syntax with curly braces is deprecated in /home/fourbarr/public_html/newlbvr/forum/Sources/Subs.php on line 3810

Notice: Trying to access array offset on value of type null in /home/fourbarr/public_html/newlbvr/forum/Sources/Load.php on line 168

Deprecated: Function create_function() is deprecated in /home/fourbarr/public_html/newlbvr/forum/Sources/Load.php on line 178

Deprecated: Function create_function() is deprecated in /home/fourbarr/public_html/newlbvr/forum/Sources/Load.php on line 183

Deprecated: Function create_function() is deprecated in /home/fourbarr/public_html/newlbvr/forum/Sources/Load.php on line 184

Deprecated: Function create_function() is deprecated in /home/fourbarr/public_html/newlbvr/forum/Sources/Load.php on line 220

Deprecated: Function create_function() is deprecated in /home/fourbarr/public_html/newlbvr/forum/Sources/Load.php on line 223

Deprecated: Function create_function() is deprecated in /home/fourbarr/public_html/newlbvr/forum/Sources/Load.php on line 235

Deprecated: Function create_function() is deprecated in /home/fourbarr/public_html/newlbvr/forum/Sources/Load.php on line 250

Deprecated: Function create_function() is deprecated in /home/fourbarr/public_html/newlbvr/forum/Sources/Load.php on line 268
Poniatowski Dare Devils 1st Annual Vintage Ride.........

Author Topic: Poniatowski Dare Devils 1st Annual Vintage Ride.........  (Read 8297 times)

jr37

• View Profile
Poniatowski Dare Devils 1st Annual Vintage Ride.........
« on: February 02, 2014, 09:35:44 AM »
Hi Ya All, New Guy Here!

I am trying to get a Vintage Sled movement going here in Marathon County, so what better way than to start with a ride.

Feb. 22   Meet at 11 a.m., ride leaves at noon
15-20 miles
Rescue sleds will ride along
Ride starts and ends at the Poniatowski Dare Devils  club shed, 5 miles north of Edgar,WI
Light lunch, coffee, and drinks provided after the ride
No Cost

Call me (Jon) at 715-432-41three-seven with any questions :thankyou:

Autolube

• Peshtigo River Trail
    • View Profile
Re: Poniatowski Dare Devils 1st Annual Vintage Ride.........
« Reply #1 on: February 02, 2014, 12:41:21 PM »
Hi Jon, Glad to see you have put a ride together. "If you build it....they will come"   :angel:

jr37

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 13, 2014, 10:48:31 PM »
I know most, if not all, of you are far away from me. But, I sure hope for a good turn-out for our first ride. There is already talk of starting a Vintage club, as an off-shoot of our main club. I definately have some mutual interest in this, it's great to hear.

jr37

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 22, 2014, 07:47:45 PM »
OK, our first Vintage ride is over and it was a mild success. :beer: I think that the cold and wind kept a few away. In the end of things we ended up with 12 vintage sleds, 1 teenager sled and 2 new ones ( they were the designated tow sleds). Everyone invovled was very happy and excited about the next one. It was a little cold, but a really nice ride. No break downs and only one stuck, and that was one of the new sleds.

Autolube

• Peshtigo River Trail
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 24, 2014, 07:54:04 AM »
12 vintage sleds for a first annual ride is way more than a "mild success". That is very good as for as I'm concerned.  :thumb:

Thats a great size group for keeping everyone together on the trail and perfect for folks to be able to mingle with one another at the pit-stops.  :beer:

Recoil

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 24, 2014, 02:43:22 PM »
OK, our first Vintage ride is over and it was a mild success. :beer: I think that the cold and wind kept a few away. In the end of things we ended up with 12 vintage sleds, 1 teenager sled and 2 new ones ( they were the designated tow sleds). Everyone invovled was very happy and excited about the next one. It was a little cold, but a really nice ride. No break downs and only one stuck, and that was one of the new sleds.

:postpics: !!!!!!!!!!!!
~Recoil

jr37

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 24, 2014, 06:23:12 PM »
I know, everyone like pictures. But, I am not computer smart enough to reduce their size to load them here, I tried. I have pics and a short video on our Facebook page (Poniatowski Dare Devils Snowmobile Club). Thanks for the kind words, Jeff. See ya in a month.

Recoil

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 25, 2014, 08:05:12 AM »
  We all love pictures!!!!!
 Poniatowski Dare Devils 1st Annual Vintage Ride........

So I let them know that I would be happy to post pics for them, so they did not have a "worthless thread"!!!

:rocker:Looks like they had a great day also!!!!  Thanks for sharing!!!

:popcorn:  :popcorn:  :popcorn:  :popcorn:  :popcorn:  :popcorn:  :popcorn:

~Recoil

jr37

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: February 25, 2014, 09:38:50 PM »
Thanks, Recoil!

Autolube

• Peshtigo River Trail
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: February 25, 2014, 10:13:29 PM »
I really like those El'tigre's.  :rocker:

And who owns those Yamahas??? ................. SWEET!!!  :popcorn:

jr37

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: February 18, 2015, 09:59:07 PM »
It's time for the:

2nd Annual Poniatowski Dare Devils Vintage Ride

Feb. 21st, Saturday

Leaving our club shed at 11 a.m.

30-40 mile loop

Stop in the middle at Eddies bar for lunch, on your own

Back to the club shed before dark

All are welcome, even the newer sleds

Call me (Jon) at 715-432-41 three seven with any questions

Yea, Yea, I know this is kinda short notice. I forgot, been  kinda busy this winter. :banghead:

Autolube

• Peshtigo River Trail
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: February 26, 2015, 08:02:04 AM »
Hey Jon,

Just wondering how your vintage ride went this past Saturday?  :popcorn:

jr37

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: March 06, 2015, 11:21:24 PM »
About the same as last year. Had a few new people show up, had a few from last year not show up.

For me, not such a good ride. I rode my '99 ZR 20 miles to join the ride, then switched sleds with my wife. She took the ZR and I took the '79 Trailfire. We made it about 3/4 of a mile and the ZR lost spark. Towed it back and took it home. We met all the rest with the truck. I think it's a stator. The John Deere ran fine.  The next day while I'm working on the ZR to see whats wrong, the '78 Kitty Kat died, hole in the piston.   :banghead:It has not been a great winter for my sleds.

Oh well, at least it's not July or August. Hot weather sucks. I love winter, even when the sleds don't. :beer:

Autolube

• Peshtigo River Trail
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: March 10, 2015, 08:34:35 AM »
Oh My!.... Sorry to hear of the sled failures.  :(  Perhaps stay clear of the Cats and stick with Scorpions and Deere!!!  8)

Look forward to catching up with you at the convention.  :thumb: