Author Topic: 2nd annual "SICK DAY 100"  (Read 5009 times)

Autolube

• Peshtigo River Trail
    • View Profile
2nd annual "SICK DAY 100"
« on: January 13, 2015, 11:10:23 AM »
Whose all getting that feeling inside?   :P Where something just ain't quite right. :-\ You know what needs to be done..... Wednesday January 21st. break away from your normal routine (call in sick) and join us at this year's "SICK DAY 100"  :rocker:

This time we will ride the Iron Snow Shoe trail system, Home of the BUNNY RUN! Start out at Jungle Jim's, Alan said we could use his parking lot to unload and leave truck and trailers there while we ride. He will open early for us in case we want to come in for a bit before we start our journey. The idea is to head south towards Crooked Lake make a nice loop end up back at Jungle Jim's just before dark. We will definately stop for lunch some where??? :dunno: There will be plenty of opportunity to get fuel along the way, There's the Red Pine near Jungle Jim's and the BP also down by Parkway & Cty. W. 

Were gonna attempt to start the ride at 9:00 sharp! :baseballbat: so plan to come early enough to allow yourself time to be sick! I have not done a practice run of this ride yet but I figure it should come in at just under 100 miles. When we get back at we can stop in the bar (Jungle Jim's) tell Alan about how sick we all were and conduct our "Safety review"  :beers: :beer: 

Spraygas

• "...it'll start get the spraygas!"
    • View Profile
Re: 2nd annual "SICK DAY 100"
« Reply #1 on: January 13, 2015, 06:01:09 PM »
Im in autolube, I might super sled it though, I dont want to push my Scorpion that far, my colt is still broke from last year, I so miss that sled, its my last repair job, after that they are all up and running the Twister is untested, so looking at riding the 98 mxzx 440.
Spraygas

Autolube

• Peshtigo River Trail
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 13, 2015, 09:32:27 PM »
Im in autolube, I might super sled it though, I dont want to push my Scorpion that far, my colt is still broke from last year, I so miss that sled, its my last repair job, after that they are all up and running the Twister is untested, so looking at riding the 98 mxzx 440.

You ride what ever you want !.... Just glad to have you along! I will even furnish the tow rope! rofl

Fur Coat Guy

• Have you even been to Schnappsville?
    • View Profile
    • Five Hundred and Under Club Springer Trail and Ice Competition Series
« Reply #3 on: January 13, 2015, 10:25:57 PM »
I will be there with about seven of my friends to take part in this event.  This will be a stop en route to Waconia.  Probably running my faithful Panther that my grandson tapped a tree with on Sunday.  Anybody out there have a nose cone for a '76-'77 Panther or Cheetah?

Autolube

• Peshtigo River Trail
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 14, 2015, 08:09:48 AM »
Hey Fur Coat Guy,

Glad to have you guys come ride with us.  :thumb:

Grandchildren are precious...ain't they!? :hammerhead:

Autolube

• Peshtigo River Trail
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 18, 2015, 09:41:46 PM »
I got up early this morning to take a mock run of this year's SICK DAY 100 travel plan. Turns out it will be more like 80 miles rather than 100.  ::)

As stated earlier we'll start from Jungle Jim's for a 9:00am start time. Head down towards Crooked Lake, then take Corridor 18 east which eventually get us to the Corner Convenience BP where we can take a break. At that point we will be about 45 miles into the ride so those that need gas can most certainly fill up. From there we continue on Corridor 18 east until we come to Corridor 5 and work our way north on the Peshtigo River Scenic Trail (see pics). Shortly after that is our lunch stop at the Twin Bridge Resort & Supper Club which puts us about 60 miles into the loop. Then just 20 miles remain heading north back to Jungle Jim's :angel: That's the plan anyway!?!?!? :dunno:

These trails are groomed regularly, About one third of this loop is "Good" one third "Very Good" and one third only "Fair". Still very rideable , but a few inches of snow by Wednesday would be a bonus no doubt.

Here are some sleds along the trail that look like they saw a few to many "SICK DAYS" :hammerhead:

See you on Wednesday, stay healthy till then! :-X

« Last Edit: January 18, 2015, 09:46:10 PM by Autolube »

Fur Coat Guy

• Have you even been to Schnappsville?
    • View Profile
    • Five Hundred and Under Club Springer Trail and Ice Competition Series
« Reply #6 on: January 21, 2015, 09:02:21 AM »
Sorry that I couldn't make it.  Life sometimes gets in the way.  Notice how the snow is brushed off of the Ski Doo and Sno Jet!  This was taken on January 10th.

Autolube

• Peshtigo River Trail
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 21, 2015, 09:28:23 PM »
Hey Rodney, missed you today! I understand things come up. You did have s.t.i.c.s. representation on the ride today. :thumb:  We didn't see much of them...them boys like to ride a little faster than the average pace. :rocker: Its all good though. ;)

Premix

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 22, 2015, 05:58:27 PM »
Sounds like a fun day & a good ride! Looking forward to hearing more about it and seeing more pictures.

Next up - February 7th Ride from Dunbar to Goodman for the brat fry and then return the same way or take the longer, faster way back.....you choice. That's a way off so I hope we have some decent trails to ride then. It's warming up out there and that sun is not our friend right now. We need colder weather and a good snow storm. Not much of that in the forecast. If you ride this week end, ride early because it's going to be busy on the trails and with the warm temps they will get beat to heck. Nothing we can do about that either. Well I guess riding snirtey trails is better than not riding at all?    :dunno: Do that snow dance, please!!

Autolube

• Peshtigo River Trail
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: January 22, 2015, 09:16:22 PM »
Only 14 of us this year and yes we had some mechanical issues. But man, I for one had a great time. :dancinbanana: New aquaintences,,,,,new friends!  :beers:

80 Miles of pure Smiles! :rocker:

Only pic I got. I had issues with my phone/camera.  Spraygas and Recoil will help me with pictures I'm sure. :popcorn:

Recoil

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: January 22, 2015, 09:54:21 PM »
Pictures.... I have a few!

(click on each pic and it should enlarge)

« Last Edit: January 23, 2015, 09:01:08 AM by Recoil »
~Recoil

Autolube

• Peshtigo River Trail
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: January 23, 2015, 11:38:26 AM »
Yeah, there is a picture of the hood up on the SRX  :popcorn: Thats what happens when you have a pretty sled..... Guys want to see whats under the hood!  >:D

Thats my story and I'm sticking to it!  rofl rofl rofl