Author Topic: ROAD TRIP UPDATE / 5/28/09  (Read 2273 times)

Premix

ROAD TRIP UPDATE / 5/28/09
« on: May 28, 2009, 04:56:15 PM »
Hi All! The road trip is all set to roll, the plans are made and everything is good to go. If you didn't reply by the 24th, but would still like to go, don't let that stop you! Come on along anyway and friends are welcome too. We're pretty easy going....usually. If anyone has questions, please send me an email. Thanks!
Miss Fire

Fur Coat Guy

• Have you even been to Schnappsville?
    • View Profile
    • Five Hundred and Under Club Springer Trail and Ice Competition Series
Re: ROAD TRIP UPDATE / 5/28/09
« Reply #1 on: May 31, 2009, 09:57:43 AM »
First of all, I would like to thank everyone that was involved in setting up this road trip.   :thankyou:  For those of you that didn't make it, you don't know what you were missing!  The weather was nice, (a little damp at first) the convoy to Joe's barns was a bit challenging, (had to retreive a stray that got caught up in a rotary intersection) and the luncheon at S&R worked out real well.  Miss Fire had a vintage snowmobile questionaire for all to fill out, and door prizes were handed out to lucky winners.  Francis Sevais of Champion, has an eclectic collection, to say the least!  You can tell that he really enjoyed having everyone visit and I heard him welcome us back in the future.  Here are a few pics.

300+ sleds sitting in Joe's yard

Suzuki Nomad "one with nature"

very nice Scorpion Stingerette seat

hood fence

A couple of Vikings

Frederick Willys Sno Dart

Mystery machine

BK: "Does it run?"   Joe: "It doesn't even have legs!"

loading the Silver Bullet

The Francis Servais collection, I think that there is something in the water here

Iverted Boat Car

a few too many of these were had

236 sleds in the barn

Bolens Sprint with only 11 miles on the clock

Enviromentally friendly Ski Doo

Ski Whiz limo

Yamaha snowblower

Oh, I can't forget to mention the wonderfully colorful Bud Light tap handle that everyone got from Joe for viewing his
collection spread throughout Sheboygan county.  Hmmm............... rofl
« Last Edit: May 31, 2009, 10:00:50 AM by Fur Coat Guy »

Autolube

• Peshtigo River Trail
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 31, 2009, 10:12:52 AM »
As president I would like to thank Miss Fire (our club secretary) for putting this field trip together. She did an excellent job organizing prior to field trip day and kept us on schedule the day of. :thankyou: All the rest of us had to do was kick back enjoy the day bushwacking and relax. :cheer :rocker: I beleive everyone who went had a blast looking at these sled collections and for the clubmembers who were thinking of going but didn't make it. :dunno: Try to attend next time, you won't be sorry. It is my sincere hope Missfire will continue to put these field trips together for us a least annually. Going on these type of events is what being a member of this club is all about. :beer:                 THANK YOU, PATTI  :clapping: :clapping: :clapping: :clapping: :clapping:
I have a few pics I will try to post later. If anyone else has pics to share that was there yesterday please do. So that clubmembers that were not there can get an idea of what they missed. :banghead:

w-jetter

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 31, 2009, 02:46:01 PM »
   I also would like to thank all involved in setting up the road trip. We had a good time met some new faces and seen some sleds we never seen before. I hope miss-fire can find some place to visit next year?

Thanks whisper jetter :clapping:
sno jet fan

Premix

« Reply #4 on: June 01, 2009, 09:54:15 AM »
And we all got to Waldo, priceless! I think Joe took us that way so we'd never be able to find it again! Thanks to Joe & Francis and to the staff at the S&R. Food was great! Service was outstanding! I never thought I'd be a tour director, but if there is interest, we will do this again, somewhere, some time!

Thanks for the good response to the road trip! I enjoyed it and think everyone found something of interest, some silly and some not so silly. I hope everyone will try to come up with stops for another one! I'm almost out of ideas!  :banghead: We could even get together or plan to meet up at shows and swaps. I know I saw a lot of members at St Germain, but we don't all know eachother and so we were wondering around alone. It's kind of fun to hang with club members. I mean usually people get real tired of Vintage Fans talking vintage because they could not care less about some old junk. So when you hang out with the club you and everyone else can talk vintage to your heart's content with others who share the madness.  :thumb:

Our club has members from all over, other states even Missouri, and we all come from different backgrounds, but we have vintage snowmobiles in common and that's what makes it fun! Great to see some ladies on this trip  :cheer:

Thanks guys for posting the pictures because as they say   :postpics:

Pat & Patti