Author Topic: Trip to Thief River Falls MN Home of Arctic Cat  (Read 1340 times)

Autolube

• Peshtigo River Trail
    • View Profile
Trip to Thief River Falls MN Home of Arctic Cat
« on: May 17, 2009, 10:40:14 PM »
V.P. Bear(shortstrokes) and I just came back from a four day motorcycle trip to Thief River Falls. Here are pictures of a disapointing visit of the A.C. plant. No tours, plant has been down for the last three months and is not expected to start up until July. Bear did not take it real well :banghead:

Autolube

• Peshtigo River Trail
    • View Profile
Re: Trip to Thief River Falls MN Home of Arctic Cat
« Reply #1 on: May 17, 2009, 10:59:56 PM »
The main reason for going to T.R.F. was to check out the 4th annual VSCA National Sled show. I have lots of pictures of those sleds and may post them later. However can see lots of pics and learn about the show on vintagesleds.com 24/7 sledtalk The trip to was 510 miles Pembine to T.R.F. We had our share of rain, well below average temps, frost at night. It even snowed a little here and there.  :'( Gotta love them vintage sleds.  :catfight:

Autolube

• Peshtigo River Trail
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 17, 2009, 11:11:08 PM »
That last pic turned out small. it was of Bear walking away from the locked front door of the A.C. plant. 1500 employees,closed plant, (priceless?)  ???

We also visited the Polaris Plant 60 miles north in Roseau.  :thumb: This was a very different story. It was the highlight of the trip. I will post pics on that tommorrow

Autolube

• Peshtigo River Trail
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 18, 2009, 06:28:19 AM »
Here we are just a ten miles out of Thief River Falls headed for home. Only 500 miles to Pembine. What you see in the background (flat and barren) is what much of Northwest MN looks like. We endured our share of rain, riding tempatures in the 40's, freezing at night, even experienced a little snow. 1150 miles on the bikes all together. To vintage sleds just like the ones we all own. :hammerhead: