Deprecated: Array and string offset access syntax with curly braces is deprecated in /home/fourbarr/public_html/newlbvr/forum/Sources/Subs.php on line 3810

Notice: Trying to access array offset on value of type null in /home/fourbarr/public_html/newlbvr/forum/Sources/Load.php on line 168

Deprecated: Function create_function() is deprecated in /home/fourbarr/public_html/newlbvr/forum/Sources/Load.php on line 178

Deprecated: Function create_function() is deprecated in /home/fourbarr/public_html/newlbvr/forum/Sources/Load.php on line 183

Deprecated: Function create_function() is deprecated in /home/fourbarr/public_html/newlbvr/forum/Sources/Load.php on line 184

Deprecated: Function create_function() is deprecated in /home/fourbarr/public_html/newlbvr/forum/Sources/Load.php on line 220

Deprecated: Function create_function() is deprecated in /home/fourbarr/public_html/newlbvr/forum/Sources/Load.php on line 223

Deprecated: Function create_function() is deprecated in /home/fourbarr/public_html/newlbvr/forum/Sources/Load.php on line 235

Deprecated: Function create_function() is deprecated in /home/fourbarr/public_html/newlbvr/forum/Sources/Load.php on line 250

Deprecated: Function create_function() is deprecated in /home/fourbarr/public_html/newlbvr/forum/Sources/Load.php on line 268
"SICK DAY 100"

Author Topic: "SICK DAY 100"  (Read 8027 times)

Autolube

• Peshtigo River Trail
    • View Profile
"SICK DAY 100"
« on: January 07, 2014, 10:45:33 PM »
What are the odds?.... What's the odds of snowmobiling enthusiasts thru out Marinette County falling victim to feeling "under the weather" on the same day. :dunno: Suppose that day was on a Wednesday (January 22nd.) the day of the week that trails were most likely to be their absolute smoothest. What if we were to come down with a virus from lack of snow dust? ::) They say, "misery loves company" If that is true may I suggest a remedy. Pick up the phone early morning on January 22nd.  Call in sick to wherever it is you normally would go on a Wednesday (after all you wouldn't want your illness to spread) grab your favorite trail iron and join us for the Sick Day 100. Nobody has to know why, after all what you do to make yourself feel better is your business. :-X

OK here's the cure. We will leave from the Dun-Good club building on Hwy 8 in Dunbar promptly at 9:00 am. so please come early enough to allow yourself time to unload your sled and park the truck and trailer. If parking gets tight at the club building their is a ton of parking space at the "park & ride" on airport road just west of town off of the highway.
   We will head south on trail corridor 5 and stick with it until it takes us to Jungle Jim's Pub & Grub :beer: where we will have lunch. This is 52 miles of beautiful trail that has it all curves and straights, woods and open. Hopefully every bodies sled has fuel capacity for 52 miles if not, no problem let me know and we can carry a 10 extra gallons on my 2-up super sled (may need a driver :)) There is a BP gas station next door to Jungle Jim's where we will all likely gas up. After a hardy lunch we'll start to work our way back north towards Dunbar via the trail we call the "pipeline" which eventually turns into trail corridor 16 east. This way will clock out at 38 miles when we get back to the club building.

If all goes according to plan we will be back before dark. :hammerhead:  For those of you who are coming from quite away from home and think you may want to come the night before or stay the night after and continue to ride additional days on your own we do have comfortable lodging nearby. There's Richards Motel in Dunbar 715-324-5444 or the Grand Motel in Pembine 715-324-5417, only 10 miles from club building. If you are in the area already on Tuesday night, consider coming over to the Dun-Good heated club building any time after 6:00 pm for a "strategy meeting" (vintage BS session) and you can check out the awesome grooming equipment used to maintain the trails we'll be riding on.  :thumb:

Now this is a vintage ride (I guess) but if you prefer to ride super sled, by all means feel free. I am fairly confident you won't hold us vintage sled heads back.rofl  Also anyone and everyone is welcome to participate in this ride. You do NOT have to be a member of the NEW LBVR or a Dun-Good Riders member, however if you would like to be... we sure can help you with that! :thumb: All I would ask is that your sled is legally registered. :police:

Please RSVP via this forum or email: jschwaller50@gmail.com or give me a call 715-927-5160. I only would need this so I can give the folks at Jungle Jim's an idea how many to expect for lunch.

:thankyou: Jeff (Autolube) Schwaller
« Last Edit: January 08, 2014, 06:42:59 AM by Autolube »

Recoil

• View Profile
Re: "SICK DAY 100"
« Reply #1 on: January 08, 2014, 09:37:30 AM »
There has been a outbreak of bugs  :baseballbat: in Forest County and here at the Pete house we are starting to feel chills, runny noses, and stuffy heads..........  :dunno: Thinking a day on the "vintage machines" will be the cure!!!

:iagree:
~Recoil

mercmike

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 08, 2014, 09:11:53 PM »
I will be a maybe, sounds like funnn... Depending on weather for me of course..  Will there be a chase vehicle or a super to pull the iron home if they get to tired  rofl??  Also is it a grand total of 90 miles or 52 miles ??

Autolube

• Peshtigo River Trail
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 08, 2014, 09:38:32 PM »
I will be a maybe, sounds like funnn... Depending on weather for me of course..  Will there be a chase vehicle or a super to pull the iron home if they get to tired  rofl??  Also is it a grand total of 90 miles or 52 miles ??

Yes, I plan to have my brother Mark drive my super sled. it will carry some extra gas, room for a dead sled passenger and can tow a dead sled to road access.

The route I have planned is 90 miles total. However I could take a wrong turn if you want to go farther?  :hammerhead:

YamaBob

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 10, 2014, 05:06:46 PM »
The 22nd is looking good for me.  I changed the gearing and clutch springs in the GPX but sure great to hear there may be some extra fuel available.  Not any extra room on the GPX.  I don't think I want to go that far on the 250.

Yamabob

Premix

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 14, 2014, 08:47:21 PM »
Have you RSVP'd to Auto Lube if you plan on coming along on the Sick Day 100 Ride? Please note that he would like an RSVP soon, by tomorrow hopefully, but no later than this Saturday, please so Jungle Jim's can plan for us for lunch. Even if you're just thinking about it, give him a response. He can give you all the details and answer your questions. So do your RSVP and then figure out what bug will have you too sick to work on January 22nd. I did hear that sledding is the best medication! I doubt that your boss would agree  :hammerhead:

Autolube

• Peshtigo River Trail
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 15, 2014, 07:58:32 AM »
I got about 10 or 12 people that already know they are going to be SICK on Wednesday!!! :D So the epidemic is starting to spread if you feel you may still come down with the snow bug its not to late to let me know. I have the cure....come ride with us on the SICK DAY 100.  :thumb:

Its not to late!!! Even if you RSVP the night before, thats fine. After all one never really knows when there gonna get SICK! :dunno:  There is plenty of parking for trucks and trailers at the PARK & RIDE off airport road just a little west of the DUN-GOOD club shed.

This is a 90 mile ride total, (52 miles down Corridor 5 to Jungle Jim's and 38 mile back on the pipeline trail) it can be easily shortened up if circumstances warrant it. We'll see how it goes, after all we will likely have some of those fancy supersleds with us.  :hammerhead:

Feel free to call me or reply on this forum with questions or comments.  :-\

It is my pleasure to be SICK with you all!  :beers:

Repoman

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 15, 2014, 12:43:49 PM »
I feel an attack of Artic Cat Scratch Fever coming on!!!  I'll be there next Wednesday.

Repoman   :rocker:

Autolube

• Peshtigo River Trail
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 16, 2014, 11:02:39 AM »
I feel an attack of Artic Cat Scratch Fever coming on!!!  I'll be there next Wednesday.

Repoman   :rocker:

Glad to hear you'll be feeling poorly on Wednesday.  :P A much needed Ride (Sick Day) will fix you right up! :thumb:

mercmike

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: January 18, 2014, 12:34:39 PM »
I'm sad to say, I'm out.... :'(  Have fun guys!!!!!!!!!! can't wait to see picx

w-jetter

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: January 19, 2014, 08:31:41 AM »
I HAVE TO SAY THAT I WILL BEING FEELING SICK WED.,BUT IT IS BECAUSE I CANT GET OFF TO COME AND RIDE WITH YOU. :(

HAVE FUN AND TAKE SOME PICS TO SHARE.
sno jet fan

Autolube

• Peshtigo River Trail
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: January 20, 2014, 07:49:51 AM »
Hey MercMike and W-jetter,

Its a bummer you guys can't be Sick with us on Wednesday. :'( You will be missed.

Hopefully... we will survive this illness OK and can get Sick again next year.  :dunno:

It still not to late for anyone else out there who doesn't feel quite right and thinks they may need to participate in the "SICK DAY 100" :-\ 
Just give me a shout and we'll check you in! :o :thumb:
« Last Edit: January 20, 2014, 07:53:11 AM by Autolube »

Recoil

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: January 21, 2014, 11:15:04 AM »
  :dunno:  Feeling really sick over here in Laona......

:o Must have caught "cat scratch fever" while I was cleaning my carbs!!!

~Recoil

Autolube

• Peshtigo River Trail
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: January 21, 2014, 02:16:05 PM »
We have some late call ins. Were up to about twenty now!!!! Dress warm.

Fur Coat Guy

• Have you even been to Schnappsville?
    • View Profile
    • Five Hundred and Under Club Springer Trail and Ice Competition Series
« Reply #14 on: January 22, 2014, 10:49:18 PM »
I only took 428 pictures today.  Here are six pictures that tell a story.  More to come.