Deprecated: Array and string offset access syntax with curly braces is deprecated in /home/fourbarr/public_html/newlbvr/forum/Sources/Subs.php on line 3810

Notice: Trying to access array offset on value of type null in /home/fourbarr/public_html/newlbvr/forum/Sources/Load.php on line 168

Deprecated: Function create_function() is deprecated in /home/fourbarr/public_html/newlbvr/forum/Sources/Load.php on line 178

Deprecated: Function create_function() is deprecated in /home/fourbarr/public_html/newlbvr/forum/Sources/Load.php on line 183

Deprecated: Function create_function() is deprecated in /home/fourbarr/public_html/newlbvr/forum/Sources/Load.php on line 184

Deprecated: Function create_function() is deprecated in /home/fourbarr/public_html/newlbvr/forum/Sources/Load.php on line 220

Deprecated: Function create_function() is deprecated in /home/fourbarr/public_html/newlbvr/forum/Sources/Load.php on line 223

Deprecated: Function create_function() is deprecated in /home/fourbarr/public_html/newlbvr/forum/Sources/Load.php on line 235

Deprecated: Function create_function() is deprecated in /home/fourbarr/public_html/newlbvr/forum/Sources/Load.php on line 250

Deprecated: Function create_function() is deprecated in /home/fourbarr/public_html/newlbvr/forum/Sources/Load.php on line 268
ONE MORE RIDE! Sat 3/9!!!

Author Topic: ONE MORE RIDE! Sat 3/9!!!  (Read 5445 times)

Premix

• Administrator
    • View Profile
ONE MORE RIDE! Sat 3/9!!!
« on: March 04, 2013, 05:50:36 PM »
Premix just came home from grooming out Dunbar way and he said "Let's have a ride on Saturday....put it on the forum!" So here's the plan.

We'll meet at the Dun-Good Riders club building on Hwy 8 in Dunbar and leave from there at 10:30 AM on Saturday, March 9th and go on a hot dog ride.

Trails are good. Let's squeez one more riding adventure out of this winter. Please help to spread the word. Even if you've put the sleds away, let your friends know about this one. How often do you get to ride this late?! Come on along, we might do something different & fun on this pinch????  :dunno: :clapping: :popcorn:

Any questions or for more info, please email vintagepats@yahoo.com 

OH! Almost forgot this....could you please email us or let us know on the forum if you're coming (even if a maybe) and how many people? Email vintagepats@yahoo.com Thank You!
« Last Edit: March 05, 2013, 10:37:13 AM by Premix »

Repoman

• View Profile
Re: ONE MORE RIDE! Sat 3/9!!!
« Reply #1 on: March 05, 2013, 02:44:04 PM »
Sorry Sledheads,

Jan & I won't be able to make this event :(   Hope you all have a great time.

Keep it HARD to the Right &
Track side down.

Repoman   :rocker:

Autolube

• Peshtigo River Trail
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 05, 2013, 04:01:50 PM »
Sorry Sledheads,

Jan & I won't be able to make this event :(   Hope you all have a great time.

Keep it HARD to the Right &
Track side down.

Repoman   :rocker:

I am sure that doesn't make you a "Couch Potato".....or Does it??? :dunno:

YamaBob

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 05, 2013, 04:37:21 PM »
Hi Premix,

Sorry can't make it Saturday, have plans with family. 

YamaBob

Spraygas

• "...it'll start get the spraygas!"
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 05, 2013, 06:54:58 PM »
Wow another ride I sure would like to go, but I have other plans non snowmobile related :banghead: its hard to plan for rides in March because its been so many years since we could ride this late, I sure hate to miss a pinch but can't be helped hope you enjoy yourselfs, Take Care Spraygas.
Spraygas

Premix

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 05, 2013, 08:06:21 PM »
We'll miss you all on Sat! There is some interest so it'll be fun! We know some of you shut it down for the season, but we hate to see the good trail conditions go to waste. By the way.....This isn't just any ordinary hot dog ride. We're going to try something different and see how it goes, get some ideas and suggestions so this may be a preview of something different and fun to do next year. The trail picture on the home page was taken on Monday while Jim was grooming the Dun-Good trails and that's where we're going to ride. Looks good, hey?!  :cheer: :thumb:

We're not used to March riding so we're liking this right now. I just don't want to be able to snowmobille on March 31st.....Easter Sunday  :madwife:

Autolube

• Peshtigo River Trail
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 05, 2013, 09:36:41 PM »
I just got in from grooming tonight. The trails are truly (still) in FANTASTIC shape. :thumb: You really owe it to yourselves to take in this ride.  :rocker: There is plenty of time for spring and summer later. :taunt:

Repoman

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 05, 2013, 09:46:47 PM »
Sorry Autolube,
We don't qualify as a "couch potatos".  By the time they pull the ropes on Saturday, Jan & I will be on a beautiful, white sand beach on the Gulf of Mexico, soaking up the rays & sipping frozen margarita's.  Couch potatos?  no.  Beach potatos?  You bet your sweet bippy!

Repoman   :rocker: :rocker: :rocker:

Premix

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 07, 2013, 10:46:27 AM »
UPDATE! Trails are awesome.....I am NOT kidding....you really should not let this opportunity pass you by....Come on and ride, rIde, ride!

Thanks for the replies, sorry to you who can't make it, we'll miss you all. Thanks to those who replied by email or Face Book. Sounds like a lot of you have made other plans because, well, it is March after all. If you haven't RSVP'd yet, we'd appreciate it if you would. If at the last minute, you can join us, please do so. We're just trying to get a general idea on how many to expect. Thanks!

~Miss Star Fire~

Premix

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: March 09, 2013, 04:44:41 PM »
We had a good ride and a nice lunch. We only got a little damp. The trails are still great!! But did you see we are under a winter storm watch for Sunday evening and Monday??? The last I read said 4 to 7 inches. Bring it on! Kinda of a mist out there now and temp is about 33-34. We did not get any major rain and I sure hope we don't. But a big heavy wet snow fall will extend our riding for sure! It's all good  :thumb:
~Miss Star Fire~
(Patti M)

Spraygas

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: March 10, 2013, 08:54:30 PM »
How about some more details, and photo's, how many rider's, did you have any troubles, and break downs, how far did you go, and where, just want to know all I can about the ride that was missed.
Spraygas

Premix

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: March 10, 2013, 10:11:27 PM »
Well, not too much to tell. One Ski and his daughter Becky, Jim from Dunbar and Premix & Miss Star Fire were the only ones to show. We had a great ride to Goodman, trails were great, saw LOTS of sleds and many atv's. Stopped by 8-Hi for a beverage and then headed back to Dunbar. It was just beginning a mostly snow mix when we got to 8-hi, by the time we left, it was mostly rain. Only got a little damp on the way back. We stopped at the play area Premix had set up for us, ran around that a couple of times and all agreed we could REALLY have a ball there another time. Great possibilities for next year!! Oneski had a few interesting things happen with his '72 Ski Doo and thought he had lost the cover for his sled's cig lighter, but he was happy to find it a little later, still bouncing around on the sled. We had no break downs, we have no real stories to tell. We got back to Dunbar and roasted hot dogs at the building, spent a lot of time talking vintage sleds and catching up with Oneski again. It was nice he & Becky could come on the ride. I don't think anyone took any pictures...shame on us. Oneski had his Ski Doo, Becky had a newer AC, Jim from Dunbar had a newer AC also. Premix had his TX and the Copy Cat was back on the trail after a minor set back from the week before. That's about it.

It was a good ride and the trails were great so it was just good to be out riding and enjoying the outdoors with good friends. It's too bad more people didn't take advantage of the good riding, but what you gonna do  :dunno:

Spraygas

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: March 12, 2013, 06:30:12 PM »
Nice write up Patty thank you, its always nice to know how the ride went for those of us that can't make it, sounds like it was a good time, anytime there is food and drinks and a vintage snowmobile its sure to be a fun time.Next time bring one of them photo taking devises.
Spraygas