Author Topic: Quality Garage time  (Read 3180 times)

Autolube

• Peshtigo River Trail
    • View Profile
Quality Garage time
« on: November 04, 2012, 09:12:27 PM »
Had a good day in the garage shining up and reasembling the GPX. :thumb: While watching a another Packer home game win. :beers: Some days are better than others and this was one of them.  :angel:

What ya workin' on in your garage/shop?

w-jetter

• View Profile
Re: Quality Garage time
« Reply #1 on: November 05, 2012, 07:14:04 PM »
 I am still working on the Garage itself! Just a couple small things to do yet and then on to working on the 75 SST.

Your sled looks sure looks nice Jeff!
sno jet fan

Autolube

• Peshtigo River Trail
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 05, 2012, 10:49:18 PM »
Thank you w-jetter.

Congrats on the new garage!  :rocker:

I am anxious to see the SST  :popcorn:

YamaBob

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 06, 2012, 08:03:12 AM »
Wow, that sled is really lookin good.  Are you going to have it done for the Crivitz show?

Autolube

• Peshtigo River Trail
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 06, 2012, 09:06:44 AM »
Wow, that sled is really lookin good.  Are you going to have it done for the Crivitz show?

Yes... I am gonna try to have it done for the show. But more importantly is to have it ready for the Club Rides this upcoming season.  :thumb:

This sled will not likely 'make the grade" as a show sled in comparison to the other sleds you see at shows these days. However I think it will turn a few heads out on the trail and that is what I am going for.  8)

Autolube

• Peshtigo River Trail
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 06, 2012, 11:18:58 AM »
By the way, YamaBob. Welcome to the club forum!  :clapping:

I see this is your first post!  :thumb:

w-jetter

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 06, 2012, 08:12:32 PM »
Autolube,we are not doing a total restore on the SST. I need a sled to ride with the TX when it is cold out. So I just want a nice rider for now. I have the motor all apart and have had the crank done,new bearings,now need to find time to get it back together and get it in the sled. I also want to go through the skid before I trust it on a ride. With deer season,the garage, trail marking , and fixing up a bridge for the trail in town I cant find much free time to work on sleds.

I did do in floor heat in the new garage,so I will be able to work out there and not freeze. Did get a couple things hanging on the walls now,so it dont look so bare. The garage is 28x34 and not big enough! LOL
sno jet fan

Autolube

• Peshtigo River Trail
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 07, 2012, 08:25:52 AM »
Hey w-jetter,
The garage sounds like it is really nice.  That in floor heat is the way to go. I have it in my house, I can only wish I had it in my garage. Mine is not even insulated and heating it is a struggle.

I still look forward to seeing the SST out on the trail this season running along side of the GPX. I have no idea how the GPX will perform this winter it certainly had issues last season, hopefully I have some of those resolved and can actually get some where with it this year?

Hope to see you and Joanie at the Show!

w-jetter

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: November 07, 2012, 04:51:25 PM »
We plan on coming to the show!
sno jet fan

Spraygas

• "...it'll start get the spraygas!"
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: February 15, 2013, 08:13:04 PM »
I had the 73 colt in the garage today to look it over for the ride on Sat, after looking it over I decided it it has enough small repairs to take the rest of the winter off, it served me well this year :rocker: so I figured I put the 77 everest in the garage to look it over for the ride on sat, hmm slides looked bad to me :( and no spares it will to probaly rest till next winter :thumb: well on to the 3rd and final sled ole reliable 70 scorpion, I loaded it up with all my trail goodies and extra gas because its old and drinks allot of the motion lotion, she's on the trailor and ready for sat ride!
Spraygas