Deprecated: Array and string offset access syntax with curly braces is deprecated in /home/fourbarr/public_html/newlbvr/forum/Sources/Subs.php on line 3810

Notice: Trying to access array offset on value of type null in /home/fourbarr/public_html/newlbvr/forum/Sources/Load.php on line 168

Deprecated: Function create_function() is deprecated in /home/fourbarr/public_html/newlbvr/forum/Sources/Load.php on line 178

Deprecated: Function create_function() is deprecated in /home/fourbarr/public_html/newlbvr/forum/Sources/Load.php on line 183

Deprecated: Function create_function() is deprecated in /home/fourbarr/public_html/newlbvr/forum/Sources/Load.php on line 184

Deprecated: Function create_function() is deprecated in /home/fourbarr/public_html/newlbvr/forum/Sources/Load.php on line 220

Deprecated: Function create_function() is deprecated in /home/fourbarr/public_html/newlbvr/forum/Sources/Load.php on line 223

Deprecated: Function create_function() is deprecated in /home/fourbarr/public_html/newlbvr/forum/Sources/Load.php on line 235

Deprecated: Function create_function() is deprecated in /home/fourbarr/public_html/newlbvr/forum/Sources/Load.php on line 250

Deprecated: Function create_function() is deprecated in /home/fourbarr/public_html/newlbvr/forum/Sources/Load.php on line 268
I finally got a SRX

Author Topic: I finally got a SRX  (Read 19036 times)

Autolube

• Peshtigo River Trail
    • View Profile
I finally got a SRX
« on: April 02, 2009, 10:24:19 PM »
I recently aquired a 79 SRX. Thanks to fellow club member, Tim Spiegelhoff. Tim found this sled and new I would probably be interested, gave me a call. It didn't take long with Tim's detailed description I decided I had to have it and sent a check sight unseen. First got to see it Sundaynight, I was not disappointed this sled is complete, straight, and the motor runs perfect. I have always wanted an SRX, with the price they normally bring I thought the idea of getting one would be out of reach.  :thankyou: to Tim, I got mine! It needs garage time for shine, but thats just how I like'm  :thumb:
It is this kind of communication between clubmembers that can put the right vintager with the right vintage iron. I KNOW  :postpics:  Autolube
« Last Edit: February 03, 2010, 02:11:21 AM by Mark »

Webmaster M

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Mullarky Business Systems
Re: I finally got a SRX
« Reply #1 on: April 02, 2009, 10:52:46 PM »
Awesome! Get some photos up. If you need me to take care of that, let me know, but give it a try first.

Premix

« Reply #2 on: April 02, 2009, 10:59:08 PM »
congraulations on your new baby! I know how it is to come across that special find. I have always wanted that special Starfire and have deceided to make my own until that one I can afford comes along. Clones can be fun too. Hope you make it as a rider.
Premix

Autolube

• Peshtigo River Trail
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 20, 2009, 08:54:00 PM »
here is a pic of the sled

Webmaster M

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Mullarky Business Systems
« Reply #4 on: April 20, 2009, 09:06:21 PM »
Looks like it's already in pretty nice shape.

Autolube

• Peshtigo River Trail
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 20, 2009, 09:12:37 PM »
Above is a picture of the SRX.  :popcorn: Tim emailed it to me before I sled made it to my house. I haven't taken any pictures of it since.
I just got Mark, (our webmaster) to show me how to post pix. :thankyou: I will practice, get good at it and then perhaps I can chronicle the progression of the SRX restoration.  :o It is pretty well totally disassembled at this point.

Autolube

• Peshtigo River Trail
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 21, 2009, 10:10:54 PM »
These are some pictures I just took out in the garage.  :) I am practicing posting photos

Autolube

• Peshtigo River Trail
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 21, 2009, 10:15:24 PM »
trying to post multiple pix, please bare with me :P

Autolube

• Peshtigo River Trail
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 21, 2009, 10:25:09 PM »
I am trying to get more than one picture on post. not going so good so far.

Autolube

• Peshtigo River Trail
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: April 21, 2009, 10:34:24 PM »
 :dancinbanana:  :beers: I think I got it!  :cheer:  :clapping:

Autolube

• Peshtigo River Trail
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: May 02, 2009, 11:07:19 PM »
I worked the better part of the day detailing the motor. I was pleased with the results, thought I would post a few pictures. Recently cleaned up and painted the pipes with a hi-temp (ceramic) paint. :angel: I hope it holds up to the heat.

Autolube

• Peshtigo River Trail
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: May 02, 2009, 11:18:43 PM »
Here is two more pics. Still having trouble getting photos compressed to the size I need in order to post multiple pictiures.  :banghead:

Autolube

• Peshtigo River Trail
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: May 02, 2009, 11:28:18 PM »
 :catfight: Can't seem to get more than one pic per post tonight.  :dunno:  I must be tired. :-[

Autolube

• Peshtigo River Trail
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: May 06, 2009, 08:25:25 PM »
I am now working on polishing the tunnel and belly pan. It is tedious, tough job.  :P Got the belly pan done on this picture with tunnel to go yet. It is turning out pretty good, not great. However I do want to ride this sled and I suppose if I got it to good I wouldn't want to put my boots on the running boards. :-\ 

Autolube

• Peshtigo River Trail
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: June 03, 2009, 10:52:58 PM »
Starting to work on skid restoration. Taking a bunch of pictures in hopes they will help me get it back together again. :catfight:
Thought I would post a couple BEFORE pix. Hopefully the AFTER pix won't be long off. ???