Author Topic: I finally got a SRX  (Read 12308 times)

Autolube

• Peshtigo River Trail
    • View Profile
Re: I finally got a SRX
« Reply #15 on: June 28, 2009, 09:32:20 PM »
Just got the suspension parts back from powder coating. Put in Skid together this morning and back in the sled. Feels good to have this done, :thumb: a rolling chassis.
Still need hood, graphics, and seat to come back. Don't have a lot of extra time for working in the garage, been working full time job and part time job after that. I still want this restoration done by this fall and get back on the GPX restoration.

Webmaster M

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Mullarky Business Systems
« Reply #16 on: June 28, 2009, 11:25:50 PM »
Looks nice! Two jobs? What's up with that?

Autolube

• Peshtigo River Trail
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: June 29, 2009, 06:27:30 AM »
Looks nice! Two jobs? What's up with that?

Same full time job, that's getting very old, but pays well.  :banghead:  New part time job that's rewarding,  :dancinbanana: but doesn't pay a lot of bills. 

Beating the Recession, PRICELESS.  :dunno:

Autolube

• Peshtigo River Trail
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: July 07, 2009, 10:18:05 PM »
The hood is DONE.   ;D  The hood was in good original condition, however it did have spider cracking. In order for them to go away and stay away, the whole thing had to be taken down, built back up, as well as repainted and cleared.  :clapping:

I can not take credit for this. Fellow clubmember Scott Wallin did this for me. He did a real nice job as I knew he would  :thumb:

:thankyou: Scott

Man, I wish could only find the garage time I need to work on this restoration.  :banghead:

Autolube

• Peshtigo River Trail
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: September 13, 2009, 08:06:20 PM »
I'M BACK!!!  Six weeks with no computer. :-[ It was very sick. However its well again, seems ok and never lost anything. :beers: :cheer: :thumb:

Not much happening with the SRX or the GPX lately. Have been spending all of my time after the DAY JOB working for Tom's service center. I enjoy working there very much, we certainly get a large variety of small engine repair to work on. Much of it modern, but also a fair amount of stuff that would fall in the vintage catagory.

I do miss the idea of no time in my own garage. :catfight:

However, I did score seats for the SRX and the GPX  :clapping: The first picture is the seat for the SRX. I had it reupholstered, very pleased with the results. The second picture is a seat I found for the GPX. This is the seat I have been looking for for several years and thought I would never find. This seat is original OEM, and in very good condition. This purchase was HIGH BUCK  :banghead: , but I had to have it. 8)

Autolube

• Peshtigo River Trail
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: November 08, 2009, 04:29:53 PM »
Well, the weather is awesome this weekend. Probably won't be anymore like it this year. Took the oppurtunity to spend some time in my own shop for a change. :clapping:

I decided that even though the SRX isn't 100 percent done I am gonna put it back together and run it this season, as is. :dancinbanana:

It still needs a better bumper, chrome ski shocks, windshield and graphics. That and several small items I want to attend to. None the less I can not go this upcoming season without riding this sled. :baseballbat:

So, I will even REGISTER IT :banghead: and hit the trails!

Attached are some photos I took today, this is pretty much what she is gonna look like this winter. I'll finish the restoration next spring hopefully as well as the GPX

Autolube

• Peshtigo River Trail
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: November 08, 2009, 04:34:20 PM »
one more pic

Autolube

• Peshtigo River Trail
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: January 03, 2010, 08:15:46 PM »
Well, the weather is awesome this weekend. Probably won't be anymore like it this year. Took the oppurtunity to spend some time in my own shop for a change. :clapping:

I decided that even though the SRX isn't 100 percent done I am gonna put it back together and run it this season, as is. :dancinbanana:

It still needs a better bumper, chrome ski shocks, windshield and graphics. That and several small items I want to attend to. None the less I can not go this upcoming season without riding this sled. :baseballbat:

So, I will even REGISTER IT :banghead: and hit the trails!

Attached are some photos I took today, this is pretty much what she is gonna look like this winter. I'll finish the restoration next spring hopefully as well as the GPX
It's Sundaynight, close to a long New Years Weekend. Got a lot of riding in the last three days, all of of that riding was on the SRX. I have 300 miles on this sled since putting it into active duty. The power of this sled is awesome and it's reliability has been flawless (so far)

I have it all pre-drilled for studs, they are on order and as soon as they get here they will be installed. I am obviously very anxious to see how she handles with 92 picks >:D

Tim Spiegelhoff, if you are out there  :thankyou:again for finding me this sled.  I am having to much fun riding it. :dancinbanana: :rocker: :thumb:

Autolube

• Peshtigo River Trail
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: January 08, 2010, 08:01:24 PM »
The studs are on! ;) I didn't get to ride it much yet, however I noticed the track don't spin and the skis seem to come off the ground when prompted. :o

I will be taking this sled to Rice Lake WI this weekend for the AWSC Winter Director's meeting. I hope I don't find myself in a embarrassing situation, I will be the only one riding "vintage" in amongst a lot of "supersleds". :taunt:

Autolube

• Peshtigo River Trail
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: January 10, 2010, 08:46:32 PM »
The SRX successfully completed a 130 mile ride on Saturday. On a guided ride within the beautiful trails of Barron County. If you ever have an opportunity to ride in the northwest part of WI, take it. They have a wonderful variety of woods and open ranges as well hills and lakes.
I need to carry a camera with me to post some pix. Although I am pretty sure this ride will come up in a upcoming issue of the AWSC magazine, WSN.

Autolube

• Peshtigo River Trail
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: January 31, 2010, 06:04:13 PM »
Was at the Low Buck Vintage Riders 12 annual show at the Stone Toad in Menasha last weekend. Fun show as usual. :thumb:

I was pleasently surprised with the "Vintage Muscle" award.  :thankyou: guys.

And  :thankyou: Hydro for the awesome, eye catching Yamaha jacket. 

Premix

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: February 04, 2010, 07:39:41 PM »
Yeah, I know a guy who had one just like that....

Autolube

• Peshtigo River Trail
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: April 18, 2010, 05:04:38 PM »
The wife and Kids got me the graphics for my birthday a couple weeks ago. :D
Worked yesterday afternoon and this morning putting them on.

Autolube

• Peshtigo River Trail
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: April 18, 2010, 05:14:11 PM »
Happy with the way they turned out. :thumb: But man, it's pretty stressful putting them on. :P You get little more than one shot at it.

Autolube

• Peshtigo River Trail
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: April 18, 2010, 05:21:49 PM »
Looking forward to going to the St.Germain show May 30th. I plan to bring this sled and at least one other for display. 8)