Deprecated: Array and string offset access syntax with curly braces is deprecated in /home/fourbarr/public_html/newlbvr/forum/Sources/Subs.php on line 3810

Notice: Trying to access array offset on value of type null in /home/fourbarr/public_html/newlbvr/forum/Sources/Load.php on line 168

Deprecated: Function create_function() is deprecated in /home/fourbarr/public_html/newlbvr/forum/Sources/Load.php on line 178

Deprecated: Function create_function() is deprecated in /home/fourbarr/public_html/newlbvr/forum/Sources/Load.php on line 183

Deprecated: Function create_function() is deprecated in /home/fourbarr/public_html/newlbvr/forum/Sources/Load.php on line 184

Deprecated: Function create_function() is deprecated in /home/fourbarr/public_html/newlbvr/forum/Sources/Load.php on line 220

Deprecated: Function create_function() is deprecated in /home/fourbarr/public_html/newlbvr/forum/Sources/Load.php on line 223

Deprecated: Function create_function() is deprecated in /home/fourbarr/public_html/newlbvr/forum/Sources/Load.php on line 235

Deprecated: Function create_function() is deprecated in /home/fourbarr/public_html/newlbvr/forum/Sources/Load.php on line 250

Deprecated: Function create_function() is deprecated in /home/fourbarr/public_html/newlbvr/forum/Sources/Load.php on line 268
New Sled Registration Explained

Author Topic: New Sled Registration Explained  (Read 2704 times)

Premix

• Administrator
    • View Profile
New Sled Registration Explained
« on: April 12, 2014, 04:36:29 PM »
Here is some helpful info from the AWSC explaining the new sled registration that goes into effect July 2015. Keep it handy! Your friends may have lots of questions and this may help you explain it to them. If not, go to www.awsc.org like it says. And we all will learn more about how this is going to be handled, all those things are being worked on as we speak. But this is the what's in WI ACT 142. Vintage folks should be  :cheer:  :clapping:

Association of Wisconsin Snowmobile Clubs – AWSC 529Trail Side Dr., Suite 100 – DeForest, WI 53532 Phone: 800.232.4108 / 608.846.5530 – Fax: 608.846.5534 Web: www.awsc.org / Email: awsc@awsc.org

What You Need to Know About the New WI Trail Pass under WI Act 142 (CAP – Club Assistance Program)

1. When does this new law go into effect? July 1, 2015. Act 142 requires each sled operating on trails to display a WI Trail Pass to be purchased annually. This is separate from the WI snowmobile registration.

2. What is the cost of the trail pass? Once Act 142 is implemented, if your membership dues with one of the nearly 600 AWSC snowmobile clubs statewide are up to date and the club has paid your AWSC dues, the cost of the Trail Pass will be $10. If you are purchasing the new Trail Pass and are NOT an AWSC and snowmobile club member the cost will be $30 per snowmobile.

3. Do I have to join a club? No – It will be your choice to join one of the nearly 600 AWSC snowmobile clubs statewide. Please remember that without the clubs and volunteers there would be NO TRAILS! It is the club volunteers that provide and maintain the WI Snowmobile Trail System.
4. Where do the funds from the trail pass go? The revenue generated from the sale of snowmobile registrations and Trail Passes will go into the state snowmobile program’s segregated fund.

5. How do I obtain my trail pass? Those details and processes have yet to be determined by the State along with the AWSC.

6. Do I still have to register my snowmobile with the State of WI? Yes - However the registration fee structure will change to a $30/3 year registration. Currently it is $30/2 years.

7. Is the Out of State (Non-Resident) trail pass going to increase in cost? Yes - It will increase to $50 from $35 (current).

8. My snowmobile is 30 years (or older.) Do I still need a trail pass? The new law provides a free annual (yearly) Trail Pass sticker to be displayed on sleds 30 years and older. However, snowmobiles still need to be registered. Note: Change in registration fee $30/3 year registration.

9. If I don’t live in WI can I still register my snowmobile(s) in WI? Yes – If you reside in another State you can still register your snowmobiles in WI. If you chose to belong to one of the nearly 600 AWSC snowmobile clubs statewide and are up to date with membership dues and the club has paid your AWSC dues, the cost of the Trail Pass will be $10. If you do not belong to a club in WI your trail pass will cost $30. Otherwise you will have to purchase the Out of State trail pass for $50 if your snowmobile is registered in another state.

jr37

• View Profile
Re: New Sled Registration Explained
« Reply #1 on: April 13, 2014, 10:58:41 AM »
The AWSC recommends that each club have a CAP/STEP expert. That way members can go to that person for answers instead of bombarding the office with calls. It looks like we have the expert here already. Thanks for the posting, keep up the good work.

Repoman

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 15, 2014, 04:59:39 PM »
Question:

My registration(s) are up this year (June 2014) ( a bunch of 'em).  Will there be a one year registration for next year? (the new program doesn't start till July 2015) or will I get to grandfather the second year with old style registration?  :dunno:

Also, I'm a non-resident registering 30+ year old machines in Wisconsin. Will I get the freebee annual trail pass or will I have to pony up for the $10.00 one?  ???

Confused but hopeful in Da U.P. of Michigan,

Repoman

P.S. Michigan is much easier: 30 years old, $50.00 one time lifetime registration and trail pass.  :thumb:
« Last Edit: April 15, 2014, 05:02:09 PM by Repoman »

Autolube

• Peshtigo River Trail
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 17, 2014, 06:51:07 AM »
Hey Repoman,

The way it looks now, You will need to renew your registrations with the two year stickers as always. Which will take thru the 14/15 season and the 15/16 season.

You will not need a trail pass sticker of any kind for the 14/15 season, however you WILL need a (free) trail pass sticker for the 15/16 season.

Autolube

• Peshtigo River Trail
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 17, 2014, 08:52:58 AM »
If you think this is confusing!?...... I could go on and really blow your mind. :banghead:

But whats the use. all I can say now is the DNR is getting involved because they have to administrate the program and even they think it needs to be simplified.....but will they succeed? :dunno:

There are two things you can count on Repoman,

1) It is 100% OK for non-resident folks (such as yourself) to register your sleds as if you were a WI resident.

2) Wether or not you belong to a AWSC sanctioned snowmobile club has no bearing in regard to the old sleds.

Jeff (Autolube)

Repoman

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 17, 2014, 12:34:59 PM »
Autolube,

Thanks for the info.  This snowmobile registration stuff is getting as complicated as the Michigan trout stream regulations.  lol  Maybe they will have to have seminars for the general public to attend, so that after 30 or 40 hours of instruction, we can get a handle on it all. rofl

Regardless, I agree that the increased funding & more members will only benefit the AWSC clubs and the trail system.  I'm sure everyone will do what needs to be done to get it right. :thumb:

Keep it HARD, to the Right & Track side down.

Repoman

Autolube

• Peshtigo River Trail
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 12, 2014, 10:37:24 PM »

Here is a press release from the DNR that talks not only about Act 142 (CAP/STEP) it also mentions Act 233 (the new legislation that changes the Antique Sled Registration Law) 

Remember you can click on the document to make it bigger and easier to read.