Deprecated: Array and string offset access syntax with curly braces is deprecated in /home/fourbarr/public_html/newlbvr/forum/Sources/Subs.php on line 3810

Notice: Trying to access array offset on value of type null in /home/fourbarr/public_html/newlbvr/forum/Sources/Load.php on line 168

Deprecated: Function create_function() is deprecated in /home/fourbarr/public_html/newlbvr/forum/Sources/Load.php on line 178

Deprecated: Function create_function() is deprecated in /home/fourbarr/public_html/newlbvr/forum/Sources/Load.php on line 183

Deprecated: Function create_function() is deprecated in /home/fourbarr/public_html/newlbvr/forum/Sources/Load.php on line 184

Deprecated: Function create_function() is deprecated in /home/fourbarr/public_html/newlbvr/forum/Sources/Load.php on line 220

Deprecated: Function create_function() is deprecated in /home/fourbarr/public_html/newlbvr/forum/Sources/Load.php on line 223

Deprecated: Function create_function() is deprecated in /home/fourbarr/public_html/newlbvr/forum/Sources/Load.php on line 235

Deprecated: Function create_function() is deprecated in /home/fourbarr/public_html/newlbvr/forum/Sources/Load.php on line 250

Deprecated: Function create_function() is deprecated in /home/fourbarr/public_html/newlbvr/forum/Sources/Load.php on line 268
What are you working on this summer?

Author Topic: What are you working on this summer?  (Read 3980 times)

jr37

• View Profile
What are you working on this summer?
« on: April 19, 2014, 01:32:25 PM »
I have finally started working on my Scorpion Sidewinder. It's not going to be a restoration. Just want to make it a rider for next seasons rides. It needs a bunch of work just to ride it, but I have all summer.

This sled was given to me by my dad. He bought it from a Scorpion sales Rep. from northern Wisconsin when I was in high school. So I am the 3rd owner. I remember test driving it before he bought it, I thought that thing was awesome. Well over the years Dad must have really put it to the test, because the rear suspension is broke for the 2nd time and the front end hangs lower on one side. I am looking for parts and I think I have the front figured out. After fixing those and doing some fuel system and carb work, I think we will be able to ride the old girl next season. I had one of my own that I should have kept. It sure would have been neat to have a pair of them. When my boys got old enough I traded mine for a pair of Kitty Kats and some cash. That was a mistake.  :banghead:

What are you guys working on this summer?

Autolube

• Peshtigo River Trail
    • View Profile
Re: What are you working on this summer?
« Reply #1 on: March 18, 2015, 10:23:12 PM »
Since the snow melted and the trails closed I started to reassemble my GPX again. Actually I had a different chasis in the parts yard which upon thourough inspection determined the bulk head and tunnel were in better shape than the ones I was using. Belly pan was junk and tunnel was heavily soiled. I brought it in the garage and started to clean it up last fall, shined up real nice and decided to use it. So technically its a different sled seeing it now has a different vin #. I had all the hardware and small parts zinc plated and I found a good OEM cleated track for it. It's almost all done just got to put the windshield back on and finish up a couple of other tasks and it will be ready for next winter. I will likely not pour in the gas and fire it up until then. seeing I know the motor has proven itself. 

PolCat

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 18, 2015, 10:47:59 PM »
Nice work Jeff :clapping:
:) There's no Iron like old Iron :)

Autolube

• Peshtigo River Trail
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 25, 2015, 07:54:46 AM »
I dropped the GPX off at the WORLD SNOWMOBILE HEADQUARTERS museum in E.R. for display during the off season.  :popcorn:  Visited with Scott and Sara Anderson, nice folks that help look after a beautiful facility. If ever in the Eagle River area the WSQ is a must see....IMO 8)

PolCat

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 11, 2015, 07:11:29 PM »
Working on a 68 Ski Doo Super 370.

Some high lites of the restore :thumb:

It runs again!

:) There's no Iron like old Iron :)