Deprecated: Array and string offset access syntax with curly braces is deprecated in /home/fourbarr/public_html/newlbvr/forum/Sources/Subs.php on line 3810

Notice: Trying to access array offset on value of type null in /home/fourbarr/public_html/newlbvr/forum/Sources/Load.php on line 168

Deprecated: Function create_function() is deprecated in /home/fourbarr/public_html/newlbvr/forum/Sources/Load.php on line 178

Deprecated: Function create_function() is deprecated in /home/fourbarr/public_html/newlbvr/forum/Sources/Load.php on line 183

Deprecated: Function create_function() is deprecated in /home/fourbarr/public_html/newlbvr/forum/Sources/Load.php on line 184

Deprecated: Function create_function() is deprecated in /home/fourbarr/public_html/newlbvr/forum/Sources/Load.php on line 220

Deprecated: Function create_function() is deprecated in /home/fourbarr/public_html/newlbvr/forum/Sources/Load.php on line 223

Deprecated: Function create_function() is deprecated in /home/fourbarr/public_html/newlbvr/forum/Sources/Load.php on line 235

Deprecated: Function create_function() is deprecated in /home/fourbarr/public_html/newlbvr/forum/Sources/Load.php on line 250

Deprecated: Function create_function() is deprecated in /home/fourbarr/public_html/newlbvr/forum/Sources/Load.php on line 268
Ride to 8-HI for Brat Fry

Author Topic: Ride to 8-HI for Brat Fry  (Read 12197 times)

Premix

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Ride to 8-HI for Brat Fry
« on: February 01, 2012, 01:46:15 PM »
Well, it's warm, about 33 here now today, but it's cloudy! Hope the trails hold up. It's too early to tell what's happening, but the ride from Dunbar to 8-HI is still on. I will post updates as soon as I can, as conditions change. It's mostly woods riding and not much road route so we'll see and let you know. Darn weather.

Autolube

• Peshtigo River Trail
    • View Profile
Re: Ride to 8-HI for Brat Fry
« Reply #1 on: February 01, 2012, 07:23:40 PM »
I think we will be able to ride! :dancinbanana: If it don't rain and the sun stays away we'll be ok. :baseballbat:

Premix will make the right call. :thumb:

Recoil

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 01, 2012, 08:09:52 PM »
:madwife: Sun Sun stay away, melt the snow another day  :baseballbat:......I mean IT!!!   :catfight:

Goodmans forecast:

Thursday: A chance of flurries before 9am. Cloudy, then gradually becoming mostly sunny, with a high near 40. Calm wind becoming west around 5 mph.

Thursday Night: Patchy fog after midnight. Otherwise, mostly cloudy, with a low around 23. Calm wind.

Friday: Patchy fog before 9am. Otherwise, mostly cloudy, with a high near 36. Calm wind becoming north northeast around 5 mph.

Friday Night: Partly cloudy, with a low around 14. Northeast wind between 3 and 5 mph.

Saturday: Mostly sunny, with a high near 35.    YUKKK!!!!!
~Recoil

Autolube

• Peshtigo River Trail
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 01, 2012, 10:03:16 PM »
If the snow is marginal.......It aint no big deal.

Just bring a sled with........Bogie Wheels :dancinbanana:

Premix

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Re: Ride to 8-HI for Brat Fry, YES!!! UPDATED THUR 2/2/12
« Reply #4 on: February 02, 2012, 10:26:18 AM »
Yes, we ARE riding on Sat! Premix is out there grooming today and he'll keep us posted when he gets home this afternoon. Trails are holding up really well, with that nice smooth icy base under the snow cover. In the woods =  good. Routes = could be nasty. So stay off the routes  ;D Trail ride to Goodman, stop for the brat fry, then take trail north to St Hubert Shrine and back to Dunbar, about a 40 mile loop.

NOTE: You can make a shorter ride by going back to Dunbar the same way we go and not making the long loop to the Shrine. Everyone may not want to ride the 40 miles so you'll have a choice!

Meet in Dunbar, you can park trailers by the club building on Hwy 8. Any questions? Call this afternoon before 6:00 PM or send an email.

Hey, one good thing...it won't be cold! Shine up those bogie wheels and sit your butt down on that old iron! See everyone in Dunbar on Sat. This might be as good as it gets this year so RIDE!!

Miss Starfire
« Last Edit: February 02, 2012, 10:53:25 PM by Premix »

Autolube

• Peshtigo River Trail
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 02, 2012, 11:32:05 AM »
YES....WERE RIDIN'!!! :rocker: :clapping: :cheer: :beers: :dancinbanana: :taunt: :beer: :angel: :rocker: :clapping: :cheer: :beers: :dancinbanana: :taunt: :beer: :angel: :rocker: :clapping: :cheer: :beers: :dancinbanana: :taunt: :beer: :angel:

w-jetter

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 02, 2012, 01:12:21 PM »

40 miles on bogie wheels!  ???  My back hurts thinking about that!  After the ride you will need some of these   :beers:   :beer:
sno jet fan

Premix

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 02, 2012, 03:41:26 PM »
OH YEAH! A good excuse to have a couple of adult beverages  :thumb: But these trails are sooooo smooth, I know 'cuz the groomer driver told me so  ;)

Premix just got home from grooming the area where we'll ride and it's all good. Shrine Rd is good, getting into the Shrine is good, trails are good  > very good.  :thankyou: :thankyou: :thankyou: :thankyou: Dun-Good Riders for the great trails! And also to all the clubs with hard working volunteers. We appreciate you  :clapping:

It won't be 40 miles of he!! but a little longer than most of our rides. You can keep it shorter if you'd like by returning to Dunbar the same way as we go there, rather than making the loop. It's up to each person to make that call, that's why we like to give you an idea of the total miles. We did 28 last  Sunday and I think we all could have done more. I know I could have  ;)

Sorry you can't make it w-jetter, I think you would enjoy this one. Maybe next time ' cuz winter's not over yet...and I'm sticking with that frame of mind!

Recoil

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: February 02, 2012, 03:48:03 PM »
If the snow is marginal.......It aint no big deal.

Just bring a sled with........Bogie Wheels :dancinbanana:

:hammerhead: 4x4 BOGIE WHEELS   rofl !!!
~Recoil

w-jetter

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: February 02, 2012, 07:53:04 PM »
Well there might be a change of plans? The ice isnt real good and no snow to ride at our club fish derby,SO we might come join you guys???   :dunno:  What time are you pulling the rope?  Will we need bogie wheels or is there enough snow for slides?
sno jet fan

Premix

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: February 02, 2012, 08:56:38 PM »
Well, it should be ok for either one, some short road route to run getting into 8-HI, but not much else. Yes, there is enough snow for the newer sleds too, but "bogie, bogie, bogie'dshoe" or however that goes  ;D

We will be ready to leave about 10:30. You can park trailers at the club building on Hwy 8 in Dunbar, on the western edge of town on the north side of the highway. We might have a few late comers, but we'll deal with that. Pat finished up grooming in the area we'll ride today and it's all good he said. And I know he wouldn't steer us wrong! He's the president of Dun-Good Riders and really takes pride in the trails they groom. St Hubert Shrine is such a neat place to visit, a quiet, peaceful spot in the woods that you might never be able to find again!

If you have more questions, Pat should be around tomorrow if you call. Hope you can make it!

Autolube

• Peshtigo River Trail
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: February 02, 2012, 09:21:51 PM »
Hey Dave and Joanie come on up to the DunGood Trails with us......we'ed love ta have ya come with us! :rocker:

Fur Coat Guy

• Have you even been to Schnappsville?
    • View Profile
    • Five Hundred and Under Club Springer Trail and Ice Competition Series
« Reply #12 on: February 02, 2012, 09:23:17 PM »
I will be there with three others so far.  We will all be on vintage.  You could make it longer than 40 miles, we don't care.  I'm leaving the bogie wheeled Yammie home.  If there is enough snow for the trails to be open, then there's enough snow for slides.  I'm looking forward to riding with you guys! 

Autolube

• Peshtigo River Trail
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: February 02, 2012, 09:40:53 PM »
Thats great Fur Coat Guy....glad to have you folks come join us. :dancinbanana:

And NO, bogie wheels really are not necessary.....theres is plenty of snow on the trails. :beer:

Premix

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: February 02, 2012, 10:06:03 PM »
Fur Coat Guy-----glad to hear you'll come along! Meet us at the Club Building, OK. Boy this is gonna be fun! W-jetter & Mrs W-jetter, you all come too! I think there might be some mischief on this ride with this group!! Repoman will be along, bringing his Dad too and of course Sparygas & Recoil and Autolube, Shortstrokes (?) Tony & Mike and maybe even some of the Dun-Good club members! Hope they like 2-cycle perfume and riding with a fun group of sled heads  :rocker: