Deprecated: Array and string offset access syntax with curly braces is deprecated in /home/fourbarr/public_html/newlbvr/forum/Sources/Subs.php on line 3810

Notice: Trying to access array offset on value of type null in /home/fourbarr/public_html/newlbvr/forum/Sources/Load.php on line 168

Deprecated: Function create_function() is deprecated in /home/fourbarr/public_html/newlbvr/forum/Sources/Load.php on line 178

Deprecated: Function create_function() is deprecated in /home/fourbarr/public_html/newlbvr/forum/Sources/Load.php on line 183

Deprecated: Function create_function() is deprecated in /home/fourbarr/public_html/newlbvr/forum/Sources/Load.php on line 184

Deprecated: Function create_function() is deprecated in /home/fourbarr/public_html/newlbvr/forum/Sources/Load.php on line 220

Deprecated: Function create_function() is deprecated in /home/fourbarr/public_html/newlbvr/forum/Sources/Load.php on line 223

Deprecated: Function create_function() is deprecated in /home/fourbarr/public_html/newlbvr/forum/Sources/Load.php on line 235

Deprecated: Function create_function() is deprecated in /home/fourbarr/public_html/newlbvr/forum/Sources/Load.php on line 250

Deprecated: Function create_function() is deprecated in /home/fourbarr/public_html/newlbvr/forum/Sources/Load.php on line 268
4/16 News Brief

Author Topic: 4/16 News Brief  (Read 1600 times)

Premix

• Administrator
    • View Profile
4/16 News Brief
« on: April 06, 2016, 08:15:51 PM »
This news was emailed or sent US Mail to all of our members, but here is an on line version. You're welcome to share with anyone who might be interested in the club news or thinking about joining the club. Membership forms are available on the web site, go to the membership tab and print off the form or submit dues via PayPal.

N.E.W. LOW BUCK VINTAGE RIDERS NEWS BRIEF          April, 2016

Sadly, the 2015-2016 season is over. Some say it wasn't much of a season but we all have to agree, any time spent riding the trails is a good time, especially on the old iron. Always optimistic, we sledders are already looking forward to a better season next winter. Our club's business year is wrapping up as well. Our next club meeting will be on Sunday, April 17, 2016. This will be the last meeting until fall.

CLUB MEMBERS are invited to attend the club's Pizza Meeting on April 17th at the "Paris In Pembine Supper Club". Following a short business meeting, the club will treat members to some awesome pizza prepared by the friendly staff at Paris. Members are responsible for their own beverages. Paris is located at W18727 Sauld St in Pembine. It's on the west side of Hwy 141, across the tracks from the US Post Office, right in the heart of downtown Pembine. Easy to find and a fun place to gather. Hope you can join us. We ask that you RSVP no later than April 14th so Paris can set up for us. There are several ways to RSVP---on our Face Book page ( respond on the "event" listing), contact us through the forum or you may contact Patti at 715-324-6020 (oldiron@centurytel.net), Bear at 715-889-1225, or Jeff at 715-927-5160 (jschwaller50@gmail.com) by Thursday April 14th.

In the last newsletter, I reviewed the events from this season. All of the rides went on as scheduled and everyone had a lot of fun participating. The "2nd Annual Richard Schmidt Memorial Ride" did suffer from poor trail conditions, but the poker run turned out to be a successful, raising almost $1000 for the Stephenson Fire Dept. which was down a little from last year, but all things considered, not bad. Most people participated by vehicle. The ride itself had very little participation, they didn't have many old sleds, but that is understandable with the very warm weather and "crappy" trails conditions. People didn't want to trailer a sled for 50 miles or so if they couldn't or wouldn't want to ride. Next year they will do it again on the last Saturday of February (2/25/17) and we'll hope for  better conditions. The NEWLBVR show was good, great weather brought out a lot of people, the sled raffle was very successful and we're ready to start planning the 2017 season's happenings. So if you have an idea for a ride or an event, now's the time to discuss it. Lots of vintage stuff will be going on this summer and fall. As event information becomes available, I will be posting it on the Face Book page and on the web site. I try to share information that I think our members will be interested in and I'll be adding event information beginning next week. If you have info on an event that you'd like me to share, send it to me and I'll post it. Send it anytime, it's easy to do updates.

I hope you all made it through the new antique/vintage registration process for sleds 35 years and older as well as the Trail Pass requirement for "newer" sleds without too many hassles? Remember: the Trail Pass (for "modern" sleds) is a yearly thing. You will need to purchase a Trail Pass on a yearly basis so next season we'll do it all over again. I'll send out more news about this process in fall so we can all be legal to ride. But in the meantime if you have any questions, please check www.awsc.org because the answers to many of your questions may be found right there. The DNR web site also has a great deal of information. Contact me if you have questions regarding your memberships or AWSC issues.

Hope you all have a wonderful summer and maybe we'll see you at the meeting on Sunday, April 17th. If you have any questions please contact me (Patti) at 715-324-6020 or email oldiron@centurytel.net

Patti (aka "Misfire")